FTP window error won't go away despite the connection to site is closed

I'm browsing over a FTP site, hit back to restricted area, a modal window pops up like this:

2021-11-02_204104

I keep clicking [OK] and it just reopens. I close the lister in hope that the connection is closed, but it just remains there. I need to close the entire Opus, then.

It's easily reproducible.

Any remedy?

Is there a public server that reproduces this? Or could we have a login to one which causes it?

This it the public Wordpress hosting site. I may share the information with you privately, since I know you from ages. :slight_smile:

I saw in the private message thread that you couldn't get it to happen anymore. Is that still the case?

Yeah. Looks like it has disappeared by itself. Very strange. The next time it'd happen, if ever, I'll pay close attention and make sure to understand what steps are needed to reproduce the error.

I was 100% sure that I would be able to reproduces it, and since I was busy I thought to got back on that later.

1 Like

Something similar is happening again. I browsed through one of my web sites. The server has closed connection for some reason. I either closed the FTP tab or opened a local folder over it, hoping the FTP connection request would go away but looks like it's remaining open in a background trying to reconnect.

2022-02-15_153327
2022-02-15_154035
2022-02-15_154119

Sorry to bring the old thread back. Today I re-experienced it. It's very annoying as you can't escape the error message even if you somehow manage to get rid of an FTP lister for some other local folder. The only workaround is to force close Opus.

Here is how to reproduce the error:

1. Go to some web hosting FTP site - you are safe as you are moving downwards through the folders
  2. But, if you accidentally move above your root folder and go to its parent, where your permissions are actually ineffective, Opus is persistent, instead of just to drop the case and move back to last know safe place.

This window won't go away:

2023-03-30_103710

The solution is to either wait for Opus to knock down itself or to force close it:

2023-03-30_103759

What's different now vs when you couldn't reproduce it anymore a year ago? Anything you can think of that would help us reproduce it here?

Yes. As I typed above, but let me redo for better clarity. I can now reproduce it.

1. I logged on to my web hosting site via the FTP (Kinsta in my case)
  2. I go parent folders for as long as I can until I get the error
  3. I try to get back or to get rid of the lister altogether but the error prompt is persistent
  4. I need to force close Directory Opus

(Link to video sent in PM due to some privacy concerns, hope that's okay)