Full ADS metadata documentation(esp. for Status and Labels)

I'm looking for the documentation on the ADS format that Opus uses for all its metadata: I see that there is some documentation for file comments and the rating; the ADS for the other metadata - especially labels and status, do not seem to be documented.
My motivation is to add/edit/read these labels/statuses in my own external scripts and tools.

Also:I know that opus adds the metadata to the file itself when possible, and uses ADS when the file does not have a format for it - so editing the comment on a .docx will store the comment within the file itself – but on a .txt file will use ADS

My question is this: is there a way to force the use ADS for metadata which Opus uses ADS for -- even for filetypes which support it -- the motivation being to keep the file itself unmodified to preserve its hash value/ date modified stamp for file comparison purposes and archiving purposes.
And lastly, related to that point, is there a way to get a log of metadata changes made in Opus?

Another way is to use a custom ADS name, I've posted a script for that.
(But I haven't used it often yet.)

There isn't full documentation on how that metadata is stored, but these threads might be useful:

1 Like