Get back tabs

Because performance means mistakes, the main thing for me would be to have a ctrl-z to call back the accidentally disapeared tabs.

A few random ideas on this subject:

I like how the "undo closetab" Firefox extension works. There's a close button on the right of the row of tabs (that's standard with Firefox) that you can middle-click to re-open the last closed tab (which is what the extension adds).

The extension also lets you middle-click again to open the tab closed before that, and before that, and so on. (Not sure how many it remembers in total.)

When tabs are re-opened their Back/Forward history is remembered, which is very useful in Firefox but may be less important in Opus.

The extension also lets you re-open tabs via the tabbar's right-click menu and maybe there's a hotkey as well (not sure).

I this functionality was added to Opus I'm guessing there would be a command which could be put on a hotkey and on a menu/toolbar.

I think using Ctrl-Z would conflict with the general Undo command/list, unless closing a tab was simply added to the list of Undo actions, which doesn't seem like a bad idea.

You're right concerning ctrl-z. it was just a way for me to forget the question of "how" to concern to my matter which was "call back the tabs".

I don't know much the way firefox manages tabs, for i use maxthon but what you describe seems interesting, even if, you're right it's not the same question with Opus. Anyway, when i manages files and directories, as i do, i can say that each half an hour at least i loose a tab. And tha'ts inevitable. I just mean the call back fonction is necessary.

Hmm I can see this post was made in 2006. Has this feature been implemented in Dopus yet?

Right-click the tab strip. Same as in most browsers, I think.

There is also the Folder > Folder Tabs menu which has a menu item and hotkey set up, if you prefer. They can be moved to other places/keys if you want.