GO command - Sort Order

Does anyone know how to specify the sort order within the GO command?

I.e.

I have several folders specified as buttons using the GO command. When I click 'em the default sort order is Alphabetical. I would like to change the sort order to Chronological from newest to oldest.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Try adding another line with something like

(GO .....)
set SORTBY=created
set SORTREVERSE=on

The sortreverse might be wrong for your needs, in that case just leave it out. You also can use sorting parameters like "modified".

In Abr's example you can combine the two Set commands into a single line. e.g. Set Sortby=MODIFIED SortReverse=On

(You still need the Go command, of course.)

BTW, If you always want those folders to be sorted a different way, however you enter them, then you should use Folder Formats for that.

That worked great! Thank you so much.

Hmmm...

Hate to re-open this thread... But the above reply doesn't seem to be working.

It sets the sort order. But the REVERSE=ON command is relative, which means it won't necessary sort the files in descending order (which I want). If I switch from one folder to another with the command, it will reverse the order, alternating from Ascending to Descending.

Does anyone know if there's a way to specify an absolute value of to the SORT=MODIFIED so I can specify ascending or descending order?

What's the exact command you are using? The one below works fine for me:

Go C:\ Set SORTBY=modified SORTREVERSE=On

(I used modified instead of created to test it, since I don't actually have the created column turned on and thus Opus can't sort by it.)

Yeah, that's the command I'm using.

For some reason, it's not working in my bottom pane. (I have a row of icons which manipulate the TOP pane, and one row for the Bottom pane)

Example. In my TOP pane, I have:

GO "d:[folder]" OPENINLEFT=horiz
Set SORTBY=modified SORTREVERSE=On

And it opens, and sorts the way I want.

In the BOTTOM pane I have:

GO "d:[folder]" OPENINRIGHT=horiz
Set SORTBY=modified SORTREVERSE=On

But when I click it, it still sorts by NAME, descending.

None of my custom sort scripts seem to work at all in the bottom pane. What a ROYAL PANE! :slight_smile:

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Hmmm...

Upon investigation. It SEEMS like, the commands I'm using will only affect the pane IF the pane is the active pane.

I.e. I use a two pane configuration (one on top and one on bottom) Generally my top pane is the active one, and the bottom pane is the passive one.

If I use the scripted buttons to affect the top pane, it sorts them properly. But the BOTTOM ones don't sort. If the BOTTOM pane is active, the reverse happens.

Is there a script command that will tell Opus to first make the appropriate pane active, and THEN "Go" and "Sort"?

This seems to work:

GO "C:\" OPENINRIGHT=horiz Set SOURCE=right dopusrt /cmd Set SORTBY=modified SORTREVERSE=On
Maybe there's a way to do it without using the dopusrt /cmd kludge, but if it works it works. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I'll give that a try!

Works great... Thanks a ton, Leo!