"Group by" disabled in Vista 64bit

I just installed Dopus on my new Vista x64 setup and restored the Dopus configuration I backed up from my old XP x86 setup. Except for some locations that had been changed everything looked OK.

However when I open my computer in a listener it shows up in tiled mode but I missed the grouping I thought I'd had on XP. And I can no longer select "Group by" from the context menu because it's grayed out.

In explorer the grouping still shows up.
Does anyone know how can I enable "Group by" in Dopus or does this have something to do with Vista x64 or my config restore?

i'm having this similar problem, windows 64-bit. i can't really think of why it's happening though

Group By in Computer is disabled on both my Vista machines (32-bit and 64-bit) and one of them is running the default config so I think it's just a Vista thing, not cause by config or importing an XP config.

I've reported it to GPSoftware in case it can be enabled. I doubt it's disabled on purpose but I don't know how Explorer (which provides the Computer view) decides when to allow it.

Thanks.
Something was different and since I'm a little CDO, I just needed to know if I could make it right :wink:

Yeah - thank you. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my listers, and didn't spot that grouping was gone.

Maybe the next update :slight_smile:

Any further word on this feature?

Any chance it's accessible in regular folders--right now i can only get it in system folders like my computer, but it's one of those features i've come to rely on heavily for organizing my data. Plenty of other explorers (even free ones) have this feature--some even have it as a collapsible item (which is really sweet), so why the heck is dopus not addressing this? I'd use those other explorers if they didn't have their own problems, but to be honest, i'd just as soon go back to windows explorer if dopus doesn't come up with this feature, or some work around that enables folks like me to hack it.

Because every feature takes time to create. There are loads of feature in Opus that aren't in those other file managers. Different programs/companies/authors/users view different features with different priorities.

It's on GPSoftware's feature-request list, as you know from the other thread, but as I say in that thread, they haven't indicated when it will happen.

If it's an absolute must-have for you then Opus won't satisfy your needs at the moment.