Has the new Version 13 Favourites Bar deprecated Version 12's "Utility Bar"?

I used to be able to enable a 'utility bar' (probably not its official name) between the address bar and the lister column headers. See the diagram for an explanation.

If it hasn't been deprecated, how does one turn it ON?

Yes, you can still add more toolbars under the address bar.

In Opus 13, it's at:

Preferences / Location Bar / Toolbars

I don't know if the toolbar you mention is one of the default ones or something else, but if you had it installed before it should still be there. (If you installed 13 over 12. If not, importing your 12 config backup should bring the toolbar back, if you still have the backup.)

Okay, but I wanted to start afresh to ensure all the scripts I had worked in the new version, Version 13.

Sorry, I explained what I wanted somewhat incorrectly. Luckily, my memory kicked in, and the bar I was talking about is a special one that can be enabled by the border command, which I don't see anymore. See pictures taken from Part 4/4 - Directory Opus 12.10 Tutorial/Highlights. See below where I have taken screenshots of that feature and how it is enabled:

Here is how it looks when invoked, and I found it very handy.

That hasn't changed, although the options for it are in Preferences / Location Bar / Toolbars in 13.

I see, but now we have 2 location bars essentially doing the same thing. I like the older one; it takes up less real estate, so I will probably stick with it.

By the way, you and all your other DO programmers have done a wonderful job in simplifying the interface, which was sorely needed. However, the power of DO is extraordinary, but I am still concerned about how a layperson like myself can access its power. Have you ever toyed with the idea of an 'addons pack' that you could sell as a separate product? Professionally written scripts that do much of the heavy lifting would suit power users who are not into programming and can be supported from one version to the next. Amateur programmers sometimes pull off remarkable feats of software engineering, but if their scripts have an 'Achilles heal', who am I to tell them that they need to fix their script, especially if I haven't paid a portion of their development time and effort? Yes, the DO community are wonderful people and mean well, but professional and-ons, I think, will demonstrate to the masses the power and flexibility of your software as well as inspire all amateur programmers to engage in developing higher quality and more powerful scripts.

FWIW, I don't think anything related to this changed from 12 to 13, other than the name of the Preferences category.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the older one". Everything in your screenshots so far is still available in Opus 13.

We're usually too busy working on the program itself. :smiley:

I can see that but a one can use a University student for that and at the same time you could teach him how things are done in the real world of software engineering.

Btw I am in awe of your ability to multitask but God forbid if one of you gets hit by a bus? From old scripts not working, to answering hundreds of DO questions on the DOforum your brain must entangled somehow with consciousness itself.