Help few problems

not sure if windows 10 problem or opus

tested on
DOpusInstall-12.17.3.Beta-x64 DOpusInstall-12.17.2.Beta-x64
DOpusInstall-12.17 -x64

then am renaming a file in opus its just freezers up not all the time .... also when am view pictures in
opus and copy or move pictures to another folder opus just freeze up not all the time....

cheers for any help

That type of freeze is most likely caused by a shell extension something else has installed. This guide is a good starting point:

You can also generate a process dump and send it to us while the freeze is happening, and we may be able to tell you what's going wrong, and if it's Opus or something else, from that:

thanks for the info will have good read will send crash dump as well

cheers craig

From the look of the dump that was sent in, nothing looks like it has hung, or was doing much at all. All of the program (as well as third-party threads) look like they are idle and waiting for user input. There is a Copy command running which should have been showing a Select Folder dialog to get a destination folder.

Was that dialog visible when the freeze happened?

Is the whole program frozen, to the point you can't even more windows around and then become ghosted? Or do you mean something slightly different?

There are quite a lot of third party modules loaded into the Opus process:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PicaView\ACDSeePV.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ACD Systems\PicaView\ACDSeePVPS.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nitro\NitroProShellExtensionShim.dll
C:\Program Files\DigiDNA\iMazing\ShellExtiMazingCopyHandler.dll
C:\Program Files\GridinSoft Anti-Malware\shellext.dll
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCTXMN64.DLL
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2019\DLLx64\SnagitShellExt64.dll
C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 2019\SnagItShellExtRes.dll
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\RarExt.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\360\Total Security\MenuEx64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\tishell64_24_4_21400.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayFusion\Hooks\AppHook64_AB62C9E5-068B-4802-A595-96E491037EBF.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\JetAudio\JetFlExt64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\Mp3tagShell64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\pCloud Drive\ContextMenuHandler.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\pCloud Drive\OverlayIcon64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\pCloud Drive\SharpShell.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\PrivaZer\PrivaMenu6.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\IconPackager\shellext64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\ObjectDock\Dock64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\WindowBlinds\wbhelp64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\WindowBlinds\wblind64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraISO\isoshl64.dll
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\19.152.0927.0012\amd64\FileSyncShell64.dll

Disabling what you can of those via ShellExView and rebooting is quick and the first thing I would try.

I'd also try disabling the various antivirus/antispyware/privacy tools, as they can sometimes do strange things for unexpected reasons (and often these days to not inform you they've broken a program to 'protect' you; just break things and leave you wondering what happened).

I'd also try switching WindowBlinds off or back to the standard Windows theme in case that's involved.

Some of those components have caused issues in the past, but nothing so far points to any of them as definitely being involved, so you might have to use a process of elimination to work out which one is causing the problem.

Feel free to send more dumps (taken while the problem is occurring) if you want us to take a look at them. Something might be apparent in one that was hidden in another, or a pattern might emerge after seeing a couple.

thanks for the quick reply... ive been turning off some of my prog that are running
and i think ive found the cause windows blinds will keep testing just to make sure

thanks craig

Does it look like a problem with a particular theme, or WB generally? Might be worth reporting to them, after you've tested a bit longer to make sure.

its a theme called Laguna i was using.. i will report it to them
checking all my theme now

thanks craig