Help required, but help files don't match program

I keep trying to make Directory Opus 11 show me a view of my files with the Lister columns set exactly the way I want them to be, but things don't stay. Column widths and positions don't lock, even after I clicked the little padlock at the bottom. Close, but no cigar.

So I read the Help stuff, which didn't help. And I Googled for help, which didn't help. Both because menu options and other setting-related things aren't in my version of DO.

For example, dearopus.com/opus-interface-setup.html says there's a Settings -> Save as Default Lister option, which doesn't exist. Also Settings / Preferences / Launching Opus doesn't exist.

Am I in Simple mode or something, and I need to switch to Expert to get these options?

And if there's a way to accomplish my setup using the current Settings options, where if I change column widths then close DO the same exact display will appear when I reopen it, please advise...

Folder Formats: Quick Guide should have all you need, in step-by-step format.

You'll probably want to turn the locks off again. (See #5 in the guide I just linked.)

Sort-of. You're using the Light version of Opus, so the menus and functionality are a simplified subset of the Pro version. Most guides are written for Pro and may contain things that don't apply to Light.

The guide I linked above covers both Light and Pro, making note of where there are differences (e.g. selecting a different menu item, or skipping a part that isn't needed in the Light version).

Shout if you still need help after looking at the guide.

Thanks, I'll look at the format guide.

However, the differences between Light and Pro didn't seem to include the kind of menu options I wanted to use. Not that I would have spent the extra just for customization. With PowerDesk not Windows 10-compatible, I wanted the cheapest substitute I could get...

OK, I tried the stuff on that page, but the width of the Name column still auto-adjusts to suit the longest name, screwing up the display I wanted. No matter where I go, I want the Name column to stay the same width.

I did everything as specified, so is there someplace else I need to check something so the Name isn't in control of how wide the column is?...

Make sure this is turned off: