Hidden folders using grouped tree view

Hi, not sure if this has always been the case, but in 10.2 (4645) if I'm displaying a folder using grouped flat view mode then it ignores the folders setting of the Hide Filter in the current Folder Format - the folder, and all its subitems, are shown, although the folder is greyed out. So if I want to see an entire tree of source code, I get the .git folder at the top that is normally hidden, and it takes up twice as much room as the actual project, making the view fairly pointless to use.

Is this a bug, or is there some workaround for it? I'm not sure it always worked like this (I've been a user since 9.0), but can't remember for definite...

1 Like

You can enable filters in Flat View by setting Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced / flatview_folder_filters to True. It's disabled by default because filtering in Flat View tends to confuse new users (since hidden folders also hide all of their contents, which may be unexpected).

1 Like

Excellent, thanks... didn't think it had worked, every other tab updated, the flat view required a refresh first though!