Can you enabled something like...
@disablenosel:grp=Images to show button if files are in file type images
@hidenosel:!grp=Images to display button if files are not in file type images

These work already:

@disablenosel:type=grp:images

@hidenosel:!type=grp:images

1 Like

ok thanks...
Maybe you can add some info in help file.

The 12.3.3 help file says how to use wildcards with both things already, with the "type=" part that was missing from the root post.

(The page on wildcards says how to use grp:images and all the other wildcard rules.)

Leo, I want to hide my Compare Images button outside of my photo listers. My question is where do I insert the@hidenosel:!type=grp:images into the script? Thanks!

'This script will take TWO selected pictures and display them next to each other in separate imstances of the DOpus standalone viewer
'To work efficiently the viewer toolbar should contain a button called CLOSE with close every instance of the viewer and returns to the active Opus Lister

Function OnClick(ByRef clickData)
	If clickData.func.sourcetab.selected_files.count <> 2 Then
		Msgbox "You MUST Select TWO Files and ONLY two files",16, "FILE SELECTION ERROR"
		ClickData.Func.Command.AddLine("Select NONE")
		ClickData.Func.command.Run
		Exit Function
	End If
	ClipString = ""
	blogbo = pathbo
	For Each SelectedItem In ClickData.Func.sourcetab.Selected
		dato = SelectedItem.create
		ClipString = SelectedItem.name_stem
		exto = SelectedItem.ext
		pathbo = selectedItem.path & "\" & ClipString & exto
		blogbo = pathbo + ";" + blogbo
	Next   

'now extract the filenames of the pictures
	totchar = Len(blogbo) 
	pos = InStr(1, blogbo, ";", vbTextCompare)
	pos = pos -1
	LResult = Left(blogbo,pos)
	firstvar = totchar - pos
	firstvar = firstvar-1
	Rresult = Right(blogbo,firstvar)
	totchar = Len(Rresult)
	totchar = (totchar-1)
	Rresult = Left(Rresult,totchar)

'Now display the images in the standalone viewer
	ClickData.Func.Command.AddLine("Select NONE")
	ClickData.Func.Command.AddLine("Show """ & LResult & """ POS 300,0  SIZE 400,800 NOUSEEXISTING")
	'ClickData.Func.command.Run
	ClickData.Func.Command.AddLine("Show """ & RResult & """ POS 670,0 SIZE 400,800 NOUSEEXISTING")
	ClickData.Func.command.Run
End Function

Click on the Modifiers tab above the script (where the tabs are Modifiers / Script Code / Resources) and put it in there.

Okey Doke!

I think a link of this wildcard page you mention showing info on grp: would be useful in the @hidenosel and @disablenosel sections as I also just came to the forums to search for the answer / create a feature request. Only the @ifpath @ifpathr section mentions wildcard patterns and links to it, but unless you're reading the entire page instead of just the section relevant to you, it's easy to miss this.