Hide file extensions does not appear to be working

Hello,

I'm using Win7 Pro 64bit with Directory Opus 10 64bit. My research indicates that the method to show or hide file extensions is to use the windows option (control panel > folder option > view > "hide extensions for known file types".

However, if I check or uncheck that option, there is no change in Directory Opus. Yet, Windows Explorer does, in fact, show or hide the file extensions properly when I toggle this setting.

I then thought there must be a directory opus setting but I could not find one. The closest setting I could find (from within DO) is the "global wildcard filter" under preferences > folders > folder display > global hide filters. But this appears to just hide the entire file, not just the extension.

Let me just summarize my goal, in case it is not clear: I have myscannedfile.PDF listed in Documents. I don't want to see the ".PDF" because the end user sometimes sees the PDF and accidentally removes it during a rename process. My desire is that Directory Opus would instead just list the file as "myscannedfile" (as it does in Windows Explorer).

I tried upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3 today, rebooted, and the file extension is still listed and I can't hide it.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi,

The setting for Explorer does not affect Opus. Instead, Opus has its own setting.

In Opus, the setting you want is Hide file extension in Filename column, on the Display tab of the Folder Options or Folder Format editor:

If you want to turn that option on for all folders, see the Folder Formats FAQ for the steps.