Hide Filters in Flat View (No Folders) mode

I quite regularly use Flat View (No Folders) to get a list of all of the files in projects I'm working on, which I then sort by date modified and can then select and upload to their destination server.

However, even though I have a Hide Filter set up in the folder format to exclude folders like .git and .idea, the contents of these folders still appear in this list.

Is there a way of stopping this from happening?

We should probably enable the "filter folders in flat view" checkbox in the Filter Bar for Flat View (No Folders), but it's currently only there for the modes that actually show folders.

That said, you can turn it on permanently via Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: flatview_folder_filters. Just make sure you understand how it works as it has confused people. (Sounds like you understand it already, if you're aiming to filter out entire subfolders, so that warning is more for anyone else reading this.)

Another option would be to use Find Files instead of Flat View, if a snapshot of the results would work as well as a live view.

Cheers for the response Leo. Oddly I've already got that setting turned on, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have the following in the Folder names field under Hide Filters:

*(RECYCLER|System Volume Information|.git|.idea)*

Needs to be a live view unfortunately so Find Files wouldn't work.