Horizontal scroll bar disappears when Freeze columns are wider than File Display width

The horizontal scroll bar disappears if freeze columns are wider than the File Display's width, leaving no way to scroll and see the rest of the frozen columns, or any others beyond them.

Thanks.

v13.0.44

What else can it do? There's no room to display any of the other columns.

If I use more than ~750px for frozen columns and I snap Directory Opus to use half of my 1080p screen, there is no way to scroll the columns because the frozen columns extend past the File Display's area. I'd expect to be able to still navigate horizontally somehow.

Frozen columns don't scroll, by definition.

I guess they could be automatically unfrozen when horizontal space isn't enough. (Not sure how much "enough" would be though.)

This is essentially what I was thinking. I assume enough would be when frozen columns extend past the file display's current width.

Did you know that:

1. You can set via folder formats a maximum width for each column, assuming you plan to use 750+px wide columns, which is already a very bizarre width.
  2. If you run into that situation and you didn't do point 1, by right clicking on the header of the frozen column, you can unfreeze it.

This is the total width of my frozen columns, not a single column.

Unfreezing is the solution, however it doesn't work perfectly as the horizontal scrollbar doesn't immediately appear: You must adjust the window width slightly (or refresh the file display) for it to show itself before you can use it to start scrolling. Ideally that would be fixed, then unfreezing in that situation would work like a charm.

So if you are using frozen columns via folder formats, you can set the maximum width of each of those columns, so that the sum of their widths does not exceed 750px. IMO you should not set up width to automatic if you plan to use those columns frozen