How do I adjust viewer pane to a different video player for Opus 12

Hello I tried using Realplayer as the default for a video file, but later changed it back to formatplayer. Now whenever I hover on the "viewer pane" with a video file it shoes a Real player program but not the default video player and it wont start any videos. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help!

Could you post a screenshot showing what you're seeing?

On my screen shot is the right side of Directory Opus with the viewer pane open. Instead of the default video player notice that the program Realplayer that is trying to play the video file.

RealPlayer has probably taken over the registry settings.

Reinstalling FormatPlayer might make it take the over again.

(I'm assuming you don't see either of them in File Explorer's viewer pane, but if you do there may be another way to adjust which is used. Let me know.)

Alternatively, enable the Opus movie plugin and (for Opus 12) install LAV Filters (see here), which should let you view videos via that, without the registry mattering much.

1 Like

How would I re-install Formatplayer? I can't find anything on the internet....

How did you install it the first time? I've never heard of it before this thread, so I don't know.

Ok, what about the default player for directory opus 12? How do I re-install that?

I just like the feature of directory opus automatically playing video files when you highlight that file. So for me whatever the default player would be for the directory opus program would actually be better.

(side note) I actually didnt change anything except the video file preferences on my computer. I tried out trying to play video files with real player automatically and when I went to directory opus to see the result, it did this to the files and now the viewer pane was automatically changed without me changing it.

Preferences / Viewer / Plugins, make sure Movie is enabled.

Then (if it isn't already working) install LAV Filters, which is linked in HOW TO: Enable/fix playback of various media formats in Opus

I'm gonna try it right now. Thank you very much.