How do I select "*.pro" but exclude "*.properties" using wildcards?

How do I select *.pro but exclude *.properties using wildcards in the filter field?

I can't seem to find a way to do so, as it doesn't seem to be something equal to \b in regular
expressions or similar.

Regards

If you type *.pro into the Filter Bar, it won't match *.properties.

(Even if Preferences / File Displays / FAYT and Filter Bar Options / Partial matching is on, if the pattern begins or ends with a * then the setting is overridden and partial matching is disabled.)

Are you only typing .pro without the *, or something else?

Or are we talking about another filter? (There are a few different ones in the program. I'm thinking of the one you get when you push the * key in the file display.)

Wrong filter bar.
The one named Filter, that is, a field with the "field type" Filter you can place on the toolbars.
It is in partial match mode, so it would be nice to have a way to say "stop after this" when
typing whatever you try to match.

I was trying to ask whether there is a way to do so, and if not, can this be added somehow?

The old toolbar-based filter fields won't have any work done on them. They've been replaced by the Filter Bar, and were originally removed entirely, but some people complained so we put them back in for them to use as-is.