How do I set column widths to auto-size

set column widths to auto-size.
I have searched high and low, many mentions of using 'Folder Options' to do this. But I am danged if I can see any mention of auo-size there.
How do I set columns to auto-size?

Folder -> Folder Options -> Display -> Auto-size columns

See Folder Formats: Quick Guide if you want to make that the default for all folders.

Wow, thanks Jon for the quick reply. I have already looked at that guide. Absolutely nothing in my DO 11.14 x64 "Folder Options" drop down that gives me anything like what is shown.
The only selections I see are: Documents, Images, Movies, Programs, Reset to Custom & Reset to Defaults. (See attachments)
But from what I see in that link, it would appear that I would have to set the selected column to auto-size before selecting that drop down, and I have no idea how to do even that first step. I think that that help is for people who already know how to do it.
Help.

Whoops! Wrong drop down list. I will try that help file now.

There appears to be no way of editing a past post. I would have edited my last one rather than clog up the forum with multiple entries.
That help file does state that I need to set the selected folder to what I want. But i still can't see how to set the column width to auto-size.

Regards, AB

I'm confused as to which bit you're getting stuck on.

I still can't see how to set the column width to auto-size.

Regards, AB

Thanks for that Jon. It's done.
Doing all this, using your input here and the help file you linked to, is a lot of clicking.
To help me in future (because it is impossible for me to remember all this), I have collected all that info into one file - takes 4 pages to lay it all out.
With respect, it seems to be an extremely convoluted and complicated way of doing something that should be rather simple.
But my thanks again.

My initial reply had four steps and fitted on a single line :slight_smile:

Not with all the screenshots, nor forgetting including how to make it the default. All of which, for someone of my IQ, are needed.
Can't reduce it below 2 1/2 pages (down from 4).
So, yep, it could (should) be made more simple.

Now to go off topic: Your comment re editing. The forum software you use seems to be the most popular and in wide use. I am fairly sure that the other forums I use, that appear to use the same software, still allow editing. Maybe limiting editing to only posts with no reply - if that can indeed be done.
But thanks again.