How let the standalone viewer follow the lister selection?

I have a multi-monitor configuration. When browsing large picture collections I always have the standalone viewer be opened as fullscreen on the right display (and the lister on the center display). From many image browsers (e.g. Xnview, Acdsee, etc.) I know an option that lets the standalone viewer automatically follow the selected item in the browser window.

I'm wondering if there is any option (or command trick) to achieve the same behaviour in DOpus as well?

It's pretty convenient to just navigate around in the lister and see the currently selected file automatically appear in the standalone viewer (without the need to press ENTER thousands of times).

Thank in advance for any help!

There's no way at present. You can open a lister with viewer pane, spanning both monitors, of course.

Is it possible to write a script that is triggered on each selection event that checks whether the standalone viewer is opened and updates the image on demand? If you say that this might be possible, then I will start trying to figure out the details!

I don't think a script could do that at present. Not from selection alone. (It could from double-click, although you wouldn't even need a script to do that in fact.)

Ok, thanks for the quick answer. Maybe you can add this to the wishlist, since it is pretty convenient to have the fullscreen viewer on a dedicated display following the current selection ... :thumbsup:

I'd like to have that too! For the exact same reason (full screen image viewing on a separate display while advancing the file display).

I use that hotkey code to get an emergency solution (you need to have two of these to also step back).
The hotkeys I use are +<Numpad +> and +<Numpad ->

[code]@nodeselect
@runonce
@runmode:hide
@filesonly

@sync
d:\bin\file\dopus\dopusrt.exe /acmd Select Next
@sync
d:\bin\file\dopus\dopusrt.exe /acmd show_external_nodeselect[/code]

You need this usercommand as well:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="icon" textcol="none"> <label>Show_External_NoDeselect</label> <icon1>#usercommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>@nodeselect </instruction> <instruction>Show</instruction> </function> </button>
Pay attention, DO in v11.7.1 crashs for me when using this method to browse images. And in case you hit something non-image, the external viewer will forget to use "fit to page".
Reported here: View size setting get's lost

Here's another hotkey which I use to rate the currently viewed image and advance, don't know why some use dopusrt.exe or "@sync" and some do not.
Seems I had problems finding the perfect solution, so be careful. o)

[code]@nodeselect
@runonce
@runmode:hide
@filesonly

SetAttr META rating:5
Select Next

@sync
d:\bin\file\dopus\dopusrt.exe /acmd Show_External_NoDeselect[/code]

My first dump: o)
dopus.20140919.203052.zip (26.9 KB)