How to apply extra columns to view to all tabs

I've selected a few other columns to view from the popup menu.
How can I apply these to all of my other tabs that I have open without having to rt.clk. and select them for each opened tab...as in the pic?

I searched the Preferences but am still needing help.

Thanks!

If you want those columns to be the default for all folders, Folder Formats: Quick Guide shows the way.

If you only want them to be used for certain folders, it's similar, but instead of choosing to save for all folders, you could save for just the folders you want (or parent folders, and select the option to apply to children).

Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats shows an overview of folder formats and any folders they have been saved for.

You may want to turn on Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Ignore folder format of Default Lister so the old formats/columns aren't re-loaded when you open a new window. There are also similar options for individual layouts, if you are using a layout rather than the Default Lister.

Perfect !
Thank you for your time.

fyi..i upgraded to Opus 12...

I created a custom path format under Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats for folderA. I checked the box Use as default format for all sub-folders

All works fine if I start at that folder and drill down. The problem is that I would like it applied for a saved lister that has those same sub-folders already opened as tabs.

put another way...
folderA has subfolders folderB and folderC and folderD
I saved a lister that has the folowing opened as tabs; folderA, folderB, folderC, folderD
If I drill down into folderA all is well....I see the custom columns I created in my custom path format.
If I just click on folderB tab, the columns from the custom path format are not showing.
Make sense? Let me know if you need any more info.

I think I found a way...
When I drill down into folderB the columns show...then when I click the up arrow they stay visible.
Therefore, whether I understand it or not or it's by design...I'll just "re-open" all the tabs and re-save the lister.

Apologies for the rambling.
I guess I answered my own question.... :grin:

As always, thank you for your time.
-jw

The quickest way to fix that is:

[ul][li]Open Preferences / Layouts and Styles / Layouts[/li]
[li]Select the layout in question (the saved lister you are loading)[/li]
[li]Turn on Ignore folder formats saved within this layout and click OK.[/li][/ul]

It sounds like the layout was saved when it was displaying things the old way, which it will remember. Telling it to ignore its saved folder formats will mean it acts the same way as if you manually opened a new tab and navigated to the folders in question.

(You'd only want a layout to use its own folder formats if you wanted to override things for only that particular layout. If you want to do that for some tabs and not others, load the layout, update the tabs as appropriate, then re-save the layout. You can quickly reset an individual tab to the 'natural' format for the folder it is showing by right-clicking the format lock icon on the status bar and choosing Reset to folder's format.)