How to change prefix 'Copy of' into a postfix

I have a question about where to set the behavior of DirOpus, when copying a file in a folder, where a file with the same name already exists.
When I select a file I want to duplicate, then pull it with the mouse while holding CTRL and then drop it in the same folder DOpus creates a new file with the "copy of..." prefix.
I don't like this prefix because the copied file doesn't appear next to the original file due to sorting by file name. All copied files appear at the letter C.
Instead of the prefix I like to have a postfix, just like Explorer. How and where can I change this behavior?
I expected an option in the Preferencess->File Operations->Copying files, but haven't found anything.
(For creating Shortcuts there's an option under File Operations to use a template for the file name. It would be nice if there was a template option for other actions as well.)

Use the Duplicate (Copy DUPLICATE) command instead. By default it happens when you right-click the Rename button on your toolbar (between Create Folder and Delete).

You can give it wildcards like:

Old Name: .
New Name: * - Copy.*

You can also build the wildcards into the button if you don't want to be prompted each time.

Check out this thread:

I'm not be interested in a solution that involves an additional toolbar button and/or hotkey. I just want the prefix to become a postfix.

Maybe you can achieve this through will power or meditation then? No, seriously, how do you think would this be possible?

If I hold Ctrl and drag a file like that, I get a Replace dialog.

Is that definitely what you're doing?

As far as I can tell, it's only clipoard copy and paste (Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V) which automatically assign names to conflicting files.

When I CTRL-drag in the same folder I get a file name starting with 'Copy of '.
If I CTRL-drag the same file a second time I get a file name starting with 'Copy of (2) '. Etc.
Automatically assigning names with conflicting files works just fine. No problem there.

The same happens when I use the keyboard shortcuts CTRL-C, CTRL-V. No difference here.

In both situations I don't get a Replace dialog and that's fine.

The only thing I want is the text 'Copy of ' and 'Copy of (2) ' to appear after the original file name.

The answer is in the link i posted. You can use this code to include it in your pop up menu (which apperas when draggung files), that
you can set under the »files and folders« section in the file types submenu. To achieve this, you have to make an user command containing
that code.

Isn't this one of the things that is under the control of Windows itself?

There's a lot of stuff like that. Other software can't always intervene.

Windows own Explorer creates a postfix (e.g. ' - Copy)'. I use Windows 7 (32-bit)
It's seems to be DOpus' own behavior, not that of Windows.

Explorer used to use a prefix as well; it was changed to a postfix in either Windows 7 (or possibly Vista, I can't remember).
You can't change this in Opus at the moment; Opus 10 will change to match the new Explorer style.