How to create a button that opens a specific image?

I'm creating an JPG image of shortcuts.
"Go" is the only command I've used, but I think there must be a different way.
How to create a button that opens a specific image?

If you drag an image to your toolbar (while in Customize mode), it'll create a button which does the same thing as double-clicking the image.

Alternatively, or if you always want the Opus image viewer even if double-click opens something else, you can use the Show command.

1 Like

If you drag an image to your toolbar (while in Customize mode), it'll create a button which does the same thing as double-clicking the image.

I dragged the image to a drop down list (this is where i want the button)
it opened the folder location but not the image.
I would like to click button, open the image with DOPUS Viewer or IrfanView or a 3rd party app?

Dragging it works OK here, but if you get a different result, try a more explicit command:

Show "C:\abc\xyz\my image.jpg"
"C:\Program Files\Irfanview\Irfanview.exe" "C:\abc\xyz\my image.jpg"

Change the program and image paths as appropriate.

after restarting the computer, the first drag/drop did indeed work. I'll use the code if needed.
Clicking the image button opens in irfanview (the default viewer)

Looking into this, customize> Command Bar, I'm curious where is the code that tells the image to open in irfanview. I mean looking at the command bar it just kinda "knows' to do this, but I don't see any code. It must be a built in feature of DOPUS?

You said irfanview is the default viewer. That's probably why the file opens in irfanview.

1 Like