How to disable middle click selection?

So I followed this tutorial to enable middle click to open folders in new tabs (Middle click folder to open in new folder tab). Which works fine.. but folders are still being selected with middle click. Could anyone direct me on how to turn this off? Thanks.

Did you turn on Single middle click to trigger middle double-click events on background and files?

When you say it works but the folders are also selected, could you clarify what you mean? If it works to open the folders then you shouldn't see them anymore, so they wouldn't be selected (as they aren't visible anymore). Or do you mean they are selected after you go back up a level?

I have " Single middle click to trigger middle double-click events on background and files on, yes. My command for middle click is now "Go NEWTAB=findexisting,nofocus", so the current tab is still open when I middle click to open a folder as a tab.

It works perfectly fine, but the files still get highlighted when I single middle click them, like they would do if holding ctrl and left clicking.

I've made a note to see how easy it'd be to prevent selection in that situation, maybe as an additional option (since you might still want selection with some commands).