How to display total folder and file counts in directory structure

How might I display total folder and file counts in a directory structure, including all subdirectories and their files in the structure? I imagine DOpus can do that but I can't figure out how.

Thanks,

Fred

You can activate those columns, when right clicking the columns bar, choosing file count & folder count. If you want do display them permanently, you have to save it in the folder options (in the "tools" menu). It only works inside the drives structure (for instance, below D:), but not in the top level, where all the root folders are listed ("C; D; E;" etc.). Following page also could be of interest for you, if you want to include file & folder counts in the status bar.

http://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus11/index.html#!Documents/Codes_for_file_and_folder_counts.htm

Slight corrections to Abr's answer, which is generally in the right direction:

The columns you want are General > Total File Count and General > Total Sub-Folder Count (those are recursive, as you want; the File Count and Folder Count ones only count what's directly below each folder).

And Folder Options is in the Folder menu not the Tools menu, if you are using the default toolbars.

1 Like

Thanks! I would like to display the columns permanently in every lister display. I could not find Tools -> Folder options in DOpus 11. I checked Settings -> Preferences -> Folders, but did not find a relevant setting. Can you please help me find the right setting?

Regarding displaying totals in the status bar, {td} appears to display the total folders in the source file display and
{tf} displays the total files in the source file display. But there does not appear to display the total counts of each in the full subdirectory structure.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted the descriptions.

See my post above. Abr's had the wrong menu details.

Folder Formats: Quick Guide also has a step-by-step guide for what you're doing, which may save you some time.

Thanks, Leo, Abr. Very helpful.

Leo, could you please whether {td} and {tf} status bar fields display information only for the current display, or whether they are recursive?

Those status bar codes are only for the current folder.

Sorry for the wrong menu path. I must have it like this for ages (under "tools), so i didn't notice.