How to enable DOpus.Minidumps?

I was reading in the FAQ about crash dumps but when I got to %TEMP% there is DOpus.Minidumps folder. Is this a setting I need to enable? If so, where? DOpus has recently started crashing a lot and I need to file a bug report.

Let's start over...

I was reading in the FAQ about crash dumps but when I go to %TEMP% the DOpus.Minidumps folder is not there. Is there a setting I need to enable to make the minidumps be created? If so, where? DOpus has recently started crashing a lot and I need to file a bug report.

It's nothing you need to enable, if the crash is trappable Opus will save a minidump automatically. If they aren't being created it means the crash is not trappable which often indicates stack or memory corruption caused by a third party component. If these crashes have only started recently I would look at what other software you have installed or updated recently (especially software that adds shell extensions).

Thanks, Jon. I had recently installed the latest update to Foxit PDF Reader. Sure enough, once I uninstalled that I no longer had crashes. Now I just need to find a decent and secure PDF reader.

I am surprised that you had problems with Foxit, it has many fans.

If you just want an alternative, and don't trust Adobe Reader - you are not alone there – you could investigate this:

Nuance - PDF Reader

I switched to the paid-for version, PDF Converter Professional, some years ago on the grounds that it is a fraction of the cost of Acrobat. Just one issue, it may or may not provide desktop thumbnails, if that is important to you and DOpus doesn't work on that front.

As I said, I have the paid-for version, so I can't report on how it works with DOpus: I just offer it as a possible alternative to Foxit.

Thanks for the link to Nuance. I'll give it a try. I definitely want to avoid Adobe Reader. Adobe can't seem to keep their software secure for some reason. :confused:

I was surprised as well. I've been using Foxit for a number of years, and have been perfectly happy with it, but a few weeks ago it auto-updated to a new version. I've never had that happen before. That's when the problems started. I'm pretty annoyed about the whole situation because the version I was running (5.0 IIRC) worked just fine. I need to start saving the installers for the software that I install.