How to find a list of certain files in a folder?

Hello,
This is the first time I post in this forum.
I'd like to know whether with Directory Opus it is possible to find a list of certain files in a given folder. For example, I have a folder with these files:

7yew3.txt
90sk4.txt
a1k3d.txt
g8r2r.txt
kl835.txt
ks7tw.txt
rh5gw.txt
uhy6b.txt
uy4g3.txt

What I'd like to do is to get a list of the files in red (in order to copy them), so that I do not have to look for them one by one. The list would look like this:

7yew3.txt
a1k3d.txt
g8r2r.txt
kl835.txt
uy4g3.txt

Thank you in advance for any comments or suggestions.

There are a few ways to do this.

Using the Filter Bar:

Using a similar wildcard with the Find Panel (in Simple Mode):

If you want to avoid wildcards, the Find Panel's Advanced Mode can do that:

You can also avoid filtering/finding at all and use a wildcard or filter to select files directly.

Or you can even skip that stage as well and use a Copy Filter to define which files are copied without selecting or filtering them in advance.

Hello leo,

Thank you very much for your answer: it was quick, complete, concise and clear. I used the Filter Bar method, and it worked as you said, which saved me a lot of time and worries. Thank you for that too! :thumbsup:

You can also use "SelectEx" script addin for this. Copy your filenames into the clipboard, then run "SelectEx FROMCLIP" and the items should have been selected automagically. The script addin provides a button preconfigured with several other use cases, you can download and use that or create your own specific button/hotkey in case you need that functionality very often. The SelectEx script addin has been updated yesterday, so it is easy to find in the top of the script addins section.