How to force move search result files with folder structure?

Need to move 1136 found files with folder structure from one lister to another but DO refuses to ask to do that.

You can create the folder structure with codes:

@nofilenamequoting 
Copy MOVE CREATEFOLDER="{destpath}{filepath|..|noroot}"
1 Like

Is that batch? As in windows command line .bat?

Something similar. It's an Opus standard button:

Another option is to use a Copy Filter:

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Filtered_Operations.htm

Both are good choices in different situations.

That command works well and is very useful to me.
I have been trying to edit that command to move the files into folders by Date Taken year, but have not been successful.
Can that be done? If so, how?

You can create the folder structure with codes:

@nofilenamequoting 
Copy MOVE CREATEFOLDER="{destpath}{filepath|..|noroot}"

I do also have a rename preset that moves files into folders by year, or year and month, and I have tried creating a preset to preserve directory structure while doing that, but have not succeeded.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, Copy can't extract meta info from files like Rename is able to.

Rename can preserve/recreate directory structures:

Thank you, but I have not succeeded in getting that to work. As I said, I have tried using Rename. I tried inserting {parent2}{parent} and other variations/combinations.
The problem is that the files are often not the same folder depth, so the folder structure in the destination is not consistent.

The command below is great because the whole folder path is recreated for each file, so it does not matter how many parent folders a file has.

Is there something I can insert into a Rename preset to recreate the entire folder path?

Here's a little rename script, that will replace a placeholder character (or string) with {filepath|..|noroot}. Actually with {filepath|..|noroot|noterm}, so it doesn't end with a backslash and is consistent with the other fields.

I picked the Euro symbol, but you can use whatever you want, if

a) it is not used elsewhere and
b) you can find it on your keyboard :wink:

function OnGetNewName(getNewNameData) {
    var specialChar = '€';
    var parentPathNoRoot = String(getNewNameData.item.path).replace(/^.:\\/, '');

return getNewNameData.newname.replace(specialChar, parentPathNoRoot);
}

Sorry, I am fading out of this thread, it is all just too confusing. I am not too adverse to code but I would have to know exactly where to use it. I was hoping I could hear all the situations where DO does ask to re-create the directory structure so I could adapt to that.

The only standard (built-in) situation I can think of is copying from a folder in Flat View:

If you haven't already, I really recommend you read

How to use buttons and scripts from this forum