How to get 100% rid of Opus in Explorer-menu

How can I get rid of the Opus-related commands in Windows Explorer context-menus? For example the commands "New Lister" and "Opus Preferences". I have selected the option "Don't replace Explorer" in Opus-preferences.

Also, since I installed Opus Windows+E and Windows+L no longer works on my system. I have selected the "Don't replace Explorer" option in the "From the Win + E hotkey" page, and, yes, I have restarted Windows after I set the mentioned Opus options.

How can I get back to the defaults for my Windows-keys?

It is Opus 12.30 x64 on Windows 10.

How can I get rid of the Opus-related commands in Windows Explorer context-menus?

Uncheck Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Add layout and other items to Desktop context menu.

Windows+L no longer works on my system

Not sure if this is caused by Opus, never happened to me. Is anything defined in the "Hotkeys (System-wide)" section?

Thank you for the quick response. Unchecked "Add layout and other items to Desktop context menu" and that worked well :slight_smile:

Yes, there is one key in the System-wide section:

I don't think I added that myself. Anyway, it doesn't help to uncheck it. My Windows+E and Windows+L still does nothing. Pressing Windows+Shift+E doesn't do anything either, even if the key is checked as shown in the screen-dump above. It is possible that Opus has nothing to do with this, but I am pretty sure it started at the time around when I installed it.

Pressing Windows+Shift+E doesn't do anything either, even if the key is checked as shown in the screen-dump above.

That probably means a different program hijacked the hotkeys. I am afraid the only way to figure out which program that is, is to uninstall recently installed programs and check.

That or the keyboard might be in "gaming mode", which some have where they ignore the Windows key entirely.

1 Like

Spot on. Thanks! :smiley:
And sorry for the noise. Totally my own fault :blush: I didn't even know my keyboard has a dedicated key to toggle "gaming mode"