How to get Directory Opus to remember file/folder views when replacing explorer

HI - I have tried and tried but cannot fix this "issue" I am having with Directory Opus:

If I set Directory Opus as my default file manager, and double click on a Windows folder on my desktop, then change the view to large icons and close the window,

next time I open the same window the same way, the view of large icons is lost (not remembered by D.O).

How can I set things so desktop folders opened by double clicking open in D.O, BUT with the last folder/file view remembered?

UPDATE: I was able to achieve what I needed using the Folder Options toolbar item.
I was able to save a folder format there. Once again, Directory Opus CAN do it!

1 Like

In Opus 12, you need to make the change and then go to Folder > Folder Options and click Save. That will let you save the change for that folder/path.

Or, if you want that change to apply to ALL folders, see here for how to do that. (Basically the same thing but you choose a different option after clicking Save.)

In Opus 13, things work more like Explorer by default: If you go to a folder and change how it's displayed, that will be remembered for that folder automatically. And you can set the limit on how many folders or remove particular ones from the list (or promote them to saved formats) via Preferences.

(That can also be turned off, for people who want changes to remain temporary unless they explicitly save them.)