How to hide the folders and files?

Hi

I just began using Directory Opus and it's a great program. I have it set to Explorer view. My question is how do I hide some folders and files that are shown like thumbs.db, boot.ini etc (shown in red). I know that those files are very important and don't want to make mistake and accidentally delete any of those files.

Thanks for the answer.

Please start with the FAQ written on Folder Formats and reply back if you still have questions...

Hm didn't really get it. So which option would be usefull to me to hide those folders?

You can toggle the hiding of a specific folder with a button command like this:

Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS="Folder name to hide"

and do the same for a specific file with this one:

Set HIDEFILTERFILENAME Thumbs.db

That's just the raw basics, but it should get you started.

Sorry... kneejerk response. It's important info to be familiar with when you want to cuztomize the appearance of your Opus listers, but doesn't directly answer your question... :wink:

For what you're asking about, you might want to enable the following option under Settings->Preferences:

Folders->Options->Hide protected operating system files (overrides Folder Options settings)

The files that appear as an opaque 'red' color are 'system' files... this option globally hides them.

[quote="steje"]Sorry... kneejerk response. It's important info to be familiar with when you want to cuztomize the appearance of your Opus listers, but doesn't directly answer your question... :wink:

For what you're asking about, you might want to enable the following option under Settings->Preferences:

Folders->Options->Hide protected operating system files (overrides Folder Options settings)

The files that appear as an opaque 'red' color are 'system' files... this option globally hides them.[/quote]

Thanx. That's the one I was looking for.