How to make an iconset for Directory Opus 13

I am currently making a dark theme for Dopus 13 and I also really want to make an iconset to go with it.

Is it possible to download the default icons in Dopus 13 from somewhere, and build upon them?

I have searched older topics on this, but I still can't find info on where to get the default icon set.

The icon set in C:\ProgramData\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Icons\DOpus9.dis may be a good place to start, if you just need an idea of what each icon is.

You can also find icon grids with the sizes for your current DPI under /dopuslocaldata/Icon Cache (paste that into the path field and push return to go to the appropriate folder for your machine).

The Toolbar Icons page in Preferences can save an XML template with all current icon names, and examples of how to handle DPI:

Maybe interesting: https://resource.dopus.com/t/dopus-iconsetbuilder/37489 didn't test so far, at least not with DO13.

Is there no vector images to be found for the original icons?
Editing the raster images kind of limits the possibilities and reduces quality.

Oh well, perhaps I will have to make something from scratch...

Before you put in the effort, read:

https://resource.dopus.com/t/svg-ui-icons/45067

2 Likes

I can't seem to find the internal icon set (as opposed to dopus 9 icons).

here is the V12 internal set, missing the V13 new ones
InternalV4Small.7z (42.5 KB)
InternalV4Large.7z (54.8 KB)

here is link to a set I just uploaded 'Express' V13 ready icon set - Icons - Directory Opus Resource Centre (dopus.com)

The icons in C:\ProgramData\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Icons\ are limited to Dopus version 9.

Before making a version for Dopus 13 it would certainly help to have the full icon set for Dopus 13.

Not sure why they wouldn’t be there. They are for me.

Edit: You’re not looking in the correct path for the 13 icons. See my post above.

I am confused. I don't have any Dopus 13 icons in C:\ProgramData\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Icons if that is the directory you are referring to.

I only have one file in that dir called DOpus9.dis.

Those are two different folders.

Paste /dopuslocaldata/Icon Cache into the path field in Opus and push return.

/dopuslocaldata/Icon Cache contains no dopus 13 icon set for me. I got a bunch of other icons I have downloaded from the internet but no Dopus 13. This is strange because I can still enable the Internal icon set in the preferences.

Ah, my mistake. They'll only be there if a special set like the "Small Icon Set (Flat)" is resizing the internal icons to additional sizes.

Another way is to go to Prefs / Toolbars / Icons, select the internal set, then use Menu > Save Icon Set Template while holding Ctrl + Shift. That'll output a .dis file which includes the XML and icons (only for the current DPI, not all DPIs).

(Also note that if you only want to add or modify some icons, your set doesn't need to include all the default ones. You'd only want to do this if you wanted to combine some of the existing icons into new ones.)