DOpus IconSetBuilder

I've uploaded a zip archive containing an app I created called IconSerBuilder that automates the task of creating a DOpus iconset (.dis bundle ) that can be loaded into DOpus via Preferences->Toolbars->Icons. See the attached INSTALL.txt for install details.

The app was developed in Python so that is a prerequisite. Instructions on Python installation are included in INSTALL.txt. It's a pretty simple process via the Microsoft Store. The app is hosted on GitHub so please have at it if you'd like to make and host changes. I'm a hack so I'm sure some of you Python developers will probably come up more elegant ways of doing things.

Cheers.
Mark

INSTALL.txt (2.3 KB) IconSetBuilder.zip (1022.5 KB)

5 Likes
3 Likes

Such a wonderful resource. I have been using it for the last few weeks since I discovered it. I have one question though. Lately, when I use it with the -r switch to resize the icons, I notice that some are smaller than others. My original icons are mostly 512x512x32. It does resize them, and usually, it resizes them all to the correct sizes, but lately, some of my icons are not. For example... I have some dropbox and onedrive icons. All square with rounded corners. All 512x512x32. and 2 of the 4 different versions of the OneDrive icons come out looking smaller. Not sure why they are not as big as the Dropbox ones or the first 2 versions of OneDrive. It also looks like it is the same with the small versions. They are a touch smaller than all the other small icons.

My understanding is that if the icons are bigger than they should be, then they get resized to 32x32 and 22x22. Perhaps it has something to do with my original png files, I am not sure.