How to Move File from One Pane to Another

When I right click on a file and want to drag it over to the other pane in order to MOVE it, I get a green line like I'm in a paint program instead of a menu that gives me the option to copy or move that particular file. I can't figure out the right setting to change so that when I right click a file and drag it over to the other pane, it will give me the option to copy or move that file. Can you tell me how to proceed on this? Thanks.

Jason

Could you post a screenshot of the green line? That doesn't sound normal, but maybe it'll make sense if we see it.

Left-button dragging with shift held down is another way to do it.

Selecting a file and clicking Move in the tookbar is a third option for moving from one side to the other.

Some programs allow gesture-control by pressing a hotkey, i was using Maxthon browser, which had the option to press down right-click, then you could "draw" letters, which triggered functions and it had a green color by default. I think you installed a gesture-control system-wide applicaton.

1 Like

These are helpful tips, thanks. I also found that the issue occurs with Windows regular File Selector, so it's not just Opus Directory. The problem was a setting in As-U-Type, a great abbreviator expander. I had to deselect the option to use gestures. Problem solved!