How to recover from corrupted files

I had some kind of disk failure that crashed DO and it had to be uninstalled. It would still run after the crash but all of the colors and images I had setup were missing. After re-installing it the colors are still missing. I have a backup of all of the files from the previous restore. I was able to copy by lister layout but it is missing a lot of things, including the color and images. The menus I had setup are also missing. I copied the menu files from my backup but they still don't show up. I don't know what, if any, of the backup files are corrupted so I don't know that a straight copy would be the best way to go. Any thoughts on the best way to get back to where I was without making all of the changes manually?

HOW TO: Backup or locate your Opus configuration (Advanced) goes into detail on the different configuration folders and files.

Restoring the whole main config folder from your backup is probably the easiest thing to do. You can find the folder's location by typing /dopusdata into Opus's location field and pushing return.

That is assuming the backup was made before the disk became corrupted, and that you want to restore everything to how things were at the time of the backup.

Before restoring any config files by hand, be sure to fully exit Opus (via File / Exit Directory Opus), and do the copy using Explorer (or something other than Opus itself). This is because some configuration files are read when Opus starts, or overwritten when it exists, and changing them when it is already running won't always work.

Thank you. That seems to have taken care of it.