How to remove active folder tab shadow (border)?

Hello, everyone! :wave:
Directory Opus newbie here.

Does someone know what color or other setting I need to edit in order to remove or change shadow on the active folder tab? I went through the color settings one by one, and nothing seemed to work, the shadow stays. It's that black line on left and right side of the active tab. I added the screenshot below.

If it's important, I'm using my own custom theme, but also didn't have any success when using other themes or default color and completely default settings. Also, if it helps, I tried using someone's light/white theme and tried to remove or change that shadow with it by going through color settings, but it remains, although it's lighter in that theme (screenshot below).

Switching tab style from square to round didn't help, it just makes the shadow straight.
Searched the forum, no luck.

By the way (some quick offtopic questions) – is it somehow possible to change:

1. Tab height size (vertical size of the tab itself, not the font size)
  2. New tab button size or spacing from the tab
  3. Spacing between tabs (or the spacing between the tab border and the text inside)?

Thank you.

Tabs use the Directory Opus Colors / Pane borders highlight and shadow colors for their borders, so they're consistent with the things they're next to.

You can change those, but they'll affect more than just the tabs, of course.

Preferences / Folder Tabs / Dimensions has some settings that affect tab sizes, but not all those other things can be tweaked.

Thank you for your answer. I already tried changing those (to the strong red color just to test), but that shadow remains. There are three lines of that shadow/border with width of a 1 pixel each. When I changed the Pane borders colors to red, the colors of a shadow remained the same. Those are, from right to left: 23,23,23 / 27,27,27 / 30,30,30, while the color of everything else around them is 32,32,32 (the color which I set for tab background etc.). Screenshot with a zoom below (I added the purple reactangle, inside it is the shadow, those three 1px lines I mentioned, and the reds are the Pane borders colors). In short, changing Pane borders colors doesn't affect that shadow, also changing selected tab background color doesn't affect it.

ShareX_9zAWV3ZSf5

Ah, I don't think that shadow can be removed.

1 Like

We'll add an option to turn off that shadow in the next beta (13.4.4).

2 Likes