How to replace SAVE AS from paint to open Opus instead explorer

I've looked at the help and forum but can't seem to figure this out.

I'm windows 10 with opus pro 12.12 x64.

I have set opus to replace explorer and it does for most things. But when I am in paint and click on SAVE AS or the save icon it opens old windows explore. I want Opus to replace ALL my explorer windows.
Is there a way to set this?

Unfortunately, there is no good way to replace those dialogs in Windows, and it's not something which Opus does.

Opus only aims to replace File Explorer (aka Windows Explorer in older versions of Windows) the program, not the entire Windows shell (desktop, taskbar, File Open/Save dialogs, etc.), like Chrome or Firefox replace Internet Explorer.

You might like Direct Folders (free for personal use).

ClickSwitch
This feature will make a file dialog instantly jump to the folder already opened in Explorer, Total Commander or Directory Opus. Just switch to the window you need.

Well Leo time for a new project then :slight_smile:

No its cool, I just want to get use to using 1 file manager and its settings. The dialog box that pops up has my quick access paths on the left pain. So I can click those to quickly get to the path I want to save the file to. (I have like 4 NAS boxes with folders all over so I use the quick access to jump from NAS box to NAX box directories)

Opus calls the quick access (Favorites) And I have them all set up ready to rock in Opus. Then I run paint SAVE AS and im back in some default directory and have to set up all those paths a second time pretty much duplicating the work I already put into doing it on Opus.

So that is my work around doing the same thing twice.

But maybe those dialog boxes would be a pain for you to try to intercept and replace. I'm not asking for ALL dialogs to be replace just 1, the one that pops up when you save a file from any windows program like paint, notepad etc...

I know its easier said than done. You could be pulling hair out right now reading this. Screaming "These god damn users and their OCD requests are giving me an ulcer"

I will send you Rolaids the ulcer I have caused you :).

Thanks for the reply.

You can show Quick Access in Opus if that's the main reason you wanted to replace the dialogs.

• For the folder tree, turn on the Quick Access checkbox under Preferences / Folder Tree / Contents.

• For toolbars and menus, Add a button which runs Go /quickaccess FOLDERCONTENT and it will turn into a menu of the Quick Access items.

(Change it to Go /quickaccess FOLDERCONTENT=norecurse if you only want the top-level items and don't want sub-menus for their contents.)

Thanks that is good to know. But just want that dialog save box replaced.

There was a bug in the windows explorer until two days ago with the new windows update that made it very slow on shares. Opus did not have that issue at all, one of the reasons I purchased it.