How to Reset Lister Text Zoom Level

In D'Opus, hold the Ctrl key and spin the mouse wheel while the mouse pointer is in the file list and the text will zoom in or out. Firefox and Chrome also use the Ctrl+MouseWheel to set the page zoom. So far the world is in harmony.

Sometimes, because my mouse wheel is free-wheeling (doesn't turn in steps, but instead it spins freely) I accidentally end up zooming the file list text when I hold down the Ctrl key to begin multi-selecting files. What is the key sequence to reset the zoom level to normal? In Firefox and Chrome, Ctrl+0 (zero) resets the zoom level. That doesn't work in D'Opus and so the world falls out of harmony.

I don't really care what the key sequence is, doesn't have to be Ctrl+0, I just need to know what it is.

No, turning the mouse wheel back the other way is not the answer here. Yes, it reverses the zoom, but when have you hit the zero-zoom point? It's not as easy to tell as you might think.

You can set up a command using set Fontscale=reset,both.

cheres man! That sorted me out. :slight_smile:

When can I set up this command?

Just right click some blank space in one of your lister tool bars, select "customize", then right click again, select "new" > "new button". Then, again with a right click, you can edit that button. Give it a name in the "label" field, then paste the command (set Fontscale=reset,both) into the function field. Click the OK button, and you're ready to go. Another quicker way is to click on the magnifier or "+" symbol in the viewer pane, where the font size has been altered. You can also reset it there.

Unfortunately, I have 170% zoom level after restart dopus
How can I edit a default zoom level?

You probably saved it that way at some point.

If you're opening the Default Lister (the usual case):

• If Settings > Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister is turned on then you can reset the zoom amount and then close the window to update the default lister.

(Make sure you close any other Opus windows first, in case they're still at the wrong zoom state, since the last one closed is the one that gets saved.)

• On the other hand, if Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister is turned off then you should use Settings > Set As Default Lister to explicitly save the state, after resetting the zoom amount.

If you're opening a saved layout instead of the Default Lister (less usual):

• Open the layout, reset the zoom amount, then save the layout again.

Also, if you find you are accidentally changing the zoom level using Ctrl + Mouse Wheel, we added an option to disable that in the latest beta. If you are on 12.20.6 or above, you can find the option under Preferences / File Displays / Mouse.

The Ctrl + 0 hotkey mentioned at the start of this old thread is also a default now, although that may not apply if your configuration dates to before it was added. Hotkeys can be edited under Settings > Customize Toolbars > Keys, or the alternative Help > Keyboard Map.

1 Like