How to set background to transparent

I am used to changing the Windows system theme to a dark one when I work at night, which is why I like it when programs respect the system colors. By default Directory Opus has a white background regardless of the system theme. So I looked for a setting that would force D.O. to update the background each time the system theme is altered. I thought the setting I was looking for would have been:
File Display Background = Transparent
Which I found in the preferences windows under Display --> Colors and Fonts --> File and Folder colors.
Only problem is "Transparent" is not an option for that setting.
So how do I set the Directory Opus background to match that of the system theme automatically, without having to manually reset the File Display Background each time I change the system theme.

Where possible and where it makes sense, colors are initially chosen from the system colors. Some track the system colors unless overridden. But some will latch on to the initial system colors and continue using it until manually changed or reset via Preferences.

(This is generally because the color is used with other colors which can't come from the system, as they're things Windows doesn't have colors for, and having some colors change but not others could result in the file display being completely unreadable.)

If you want to alternate between file display color schemes, you could create a pair of Themes with just the colors saved (Settings > Lister Themes) and then import them when you want to switch to their colors.

Directly swapping or editing the config files is another option, but you probably don't want to do that (unless writing some code which could automate the process) because the config file with the colors has a lot of other settings in it which would be a pain to keep in sync between two versions of the config file. (Using a theme instead will avoid that need,

Thank you Leo. Your reply addresses my issue comprehensively. Also thank you for responding to what is basically the same post that I made less than two months ago. I had forgotten about it when I posted this one.