How to work around multiple internal commands and windows not updating

Greetings Opi Fraternity

I seek some high level opinion here.

History and Function
I have a script which I rely on ALOT and has worked well for some time - multiple years actually.
With a set of files selected when invoked it

• Generates a popup dialog to grab some information;
  • Optional - Add a suffix to the files
  • Moves the files to a new location
  • Optional - The move will be in a new subfolder created in the new location

Existing/Old Method
The way the script does this is by generating s list of internal commands and then executing them using the Command scripting object and specifically the command.addline and command.Run methods.

Disaster
All was fantastic unitl this script started breaking.
I first noticed this I think early 2022.
I believe this is associated with issues I sought help with here and I see others are suffering with what I think may be similar of the same issues here

Options to Address
As I see them they are
Option 1 - Troubleshoot/Fix underlying Windows issue - This I gave up on some time ago. Too hard. Symptoms changing, intermittent. No handle on things at all.
Option 2 - Rewrite my script so that the actions are carried out in one rename command. See discussion below
Option 3 - Rewrite the script so that the copy move is actioned first and then the renaming actioned once the files are in the new location

Option 2 use a single rename command
I have made considerable progress here which means basically @Ixp has written up the required rename IC syntax for me. However there is one outstanding and we speak and I am totally reliant on him to get this working. Also at least one command form which I had tested as working I have got to fail. There is a bug that @Ixp has identified and the banter here between him and @Leo here suggests that the symptoms are intermittent.
So I am worried that this is a thread of effort that I am using up kind talented people's valuable time and I don't know if my lack of comprehension of cause and effect is down to bugs or my own ignorance etc. I have not gained confidence and understanding as I might have expected of the rename command and of how the external control codes can be applied.

And so my mind goes to.....

Option 3 - Copy move then rename files in new location
I am turning over this a bit in my mind now as I am worried that Option 2 above is not going to come to fruition.

Summary
Thoughts? Advice? Any comments appreciated!
I don't mind doing the hard yards but I want if possible to go in the right direction at the outset if that makes any sense.......

It's difficult to see what the actual issue is under all the side detail and references to other threads, or if it's different to your other threads.

Stating the problem itself, as simply as possible, would be best.

Option 1: The issue is probably unrelated, and not fixable with this script
Option 2: Yes
Option 3: Not an option (As Leo has already explained)

Option 4: Switch to a Rename script and use custom fields