I found a problem

When I am using Directory Opus, when I download a file using Google browser and click to display it in the folder, Directory Opus will pop up. However, when I turn off Directory Opus and click to display it in the folder again, Google browser and Directory Opus will crash and exit

1 Like

Turn off in what sense?

Because I have replaced it with File Explorer, I first opened the downloaded folder using my browser, and then closed Directory Opus. I opened this folder again using my browser, and Google browser exited, and Directory Opus also exited

I don't know how Opus or Explorer Replacement could crash Chrome when Chrome blocks our DLLs (and all third-party DLLs except certain antivirus components) from even being loaded into its processes.

The fact both processes are crashing suggests it's something other than Opus causing the crash.

If you turn off Explorer Replacement, then do the same thing, I wonder if there are still issues.

I don't think this problem will exist without replacing the file explorer. I replaced the file explorer and then clicked on the Google browser to open the file in the picture. The first time, Directory Opus and the folder were opened normally, but I closed Directory Opus and clicked Open Folder on the picture again but it crashed and so did the browser

It's easy to test.

My guess is the crash is caused by something that affects both Chrome and Opus. That can only be the OS itself, drivers / hardware, and things like antivirus.

Opus can't affect Chrome directly because Chrome doesn't allow any of Opus's code/DLLs into its process.

Yes, it seems that I do not have this problem on my win10 machine. The previous explanation may be wrong. Opus did not crash and was running in the background, but the browser did exit.

I think I solved the problem. I found an article on the Internet that also had this problem. I checked the dmp of Google Chrome and it seemed to be related to some three-way input methods. Delete the input method and it solved the problem.