I would like to have only one Opus window

Is it possible to stop Opus from opening more than just one lister? I already have checked Opus to open external folders in a new tab, but sometimes i find various windows open for some reason. One single window will do it for me.

If that option is on (and the others in the FAQ about this) then new windows should only open when you tell them to.

We'd need to know details of when the unwanted new windows open to tell you how to change whatever is causing them to open.

Hmm, i'm not sure at the moment. It's perhaps connected to the "you have got stuff to burn onto CD" (sorry, i don't know the exact wording in english) message, that is popping up in the notification area. I will report back, if i find some clue about it. Thank you.

A quick remedy for superfluous listers:

Close ALLLISTERS=collapse

Thanks. But back to my initial question, is there a way to prevent Opus from opening more than one window? I don't know, what causes it to open a second or more windows sometimes.

Windows don't open spontaneously by themselves. You'll need to tell us more details about when they open for us to tell you what to change.

I don't know the details. So there is no way to restrict Opus from opening the new windows? If there was, i wouldn't have to care, what causes it. Sorry, i have no idea.

It depends how/why the window is being opened.

There's a Preferences setting that controls most things, but if you have something explicitly asking for a new window then it might override it.

You must know something about what you clicked on or what was happening when the windows opened, or which folders the windows opened to display? Those details should help understand why they are opening.

I didn't see the effect for days now. I suspected the burning folder to be the culprit, which held some files for test purposes. My HP computer won't show the built in CD burner for some reason, which seems to be a known issue with HP machines. Since i emptied that folder, no second instance of a lister showed up.