I would like Vista/Longhorn style directory navigation

I think a fairly straightforward but highly productive enhancement would be a Vista-like feature we see also in utilities like "Folder Pilot" (shareware).

Right now we have hyperlinks on the title bars of our windows and we can back up the tree by clicking on them. But what if you could drop a menu from that point with nested menus and navigate through the subtrees to go from anywhere in a branch to anywhere in any other branch, with two clicks total

Randy

Hmmm. Interesting feature. Would have to try it out first, but I think I like it. A +1 from me for this wish.

I think this feature would tie in nicely with a feature request I made here before.

That would be feature 10 in the following thread:
[Some ideas for new controls, raw commands and hot paths)

I just tried this out in Vista after you mentioned it and I agree that it's a very nice feature. In fact, using that feature seems to be a key to making the Vista File Explorer usable - I was kind of finding it clunky until I started playing around with that way to navigate...

Second "aye" on this feature...

Never know your luck in a big city...