Icons for archives

Hi,

I've been using dopus for a number of years but have recently decided too use it, exclusively, for archives, which has left me with a few minor niggles:

1. How do I, or does dopus associate icons with archives? - Not the actual archive just the icon which displays in the lister.

2. With 7zip et al, I could open archives that where enclosed within sfx's, how do I set dopus to do this? - in fact, I would like to do this with every file in case it is an archive.

Regards
Dazboa

1. You can change icons for file types under Settings -> File Types, in the System File Types part of the list. (You may need to fully exit Opus and then re-launch it for the change to take effect in Opus.)

2. If you go to Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Zip Files you can add .exe to the zip extensions (if it isn't already; it is there by default) and then remove it from the Hide from Tree setting to make exe zip archives appear in the tree. You can then click on them in the tree to go into them.

We don't currently support opening other sfx archive types; only zip. You have to use 7-Zip or WinRAR, etc. for that.

[quote="leo"]1. You can change icons for file types under Settings -> File Types, in the System File Types part of the list. (You may need to fully exit Opus and then re-launch it for the change to take effect in Opus.)
[/quote]
OK I realise that I can change the icons under this setting but I had assumed that dopus would come with its own set of archive icons and not just the zip archive icon.

[quote="leo"]2. If you go to Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Zip Files you can add .exe to the zip extensions (if it isn't already; it is there by default) and then remove it from the Hide from Tree setting to make exe zip archives appear in the tree. You can then click on them in the tree to go into them.
[/quote]
Ok thanks for this info. I will just have to go back to using the methods to cover this.

Thanks a lot for sharing your, obviously, keen knowledge of this product.

Regards
Dazboa