Image toolbar in version 12

I noticed that the image viewer changed to a more minimal interface after I upgraded from version 11 to 12, and I no longer have a toolbar with buttons by default. I found a few image toolbar options I could turn on, and they have some useful functions like rotating images, but they're still missing functions I use frequently like quickly toggling between fit to window and 100% view.

It's also above the image instead of below it. Maybe I could eventually adjust to it, but I'd really prefer to keep it at the bottom and not have to adjust my normal workflow.

How can I get more buttons on my image toolbar; specifically, fit to window and zoom buttons?
How can I move my image toolbar below the image?

Those are both in the viewer's default toolbar, next to the zoom in and zoom out buttons.

The toolbar is also completely customizable now, unlike in Opus 11, so if anything is missing, or if you want something that's in a menu to be at the top level, or vice versa, you can modify it to your desires.

Hmm. Mine was turned off completely after I upgraded. I had to go into Preferences > Viewer > Toolbar to enable a viewer toolbar. It looks like I have 3 different Image toolbar options there, and the first two I saw didn't have any zoom buttons at all. I found one that did.

I still don't see a way to move the toolbar from above the image to below it. Is this possible?

There should be an Image Viewer toolbar, which looks like this:

If Image Viewer isn't in the options, did you import a config backup from Opus 11 (rather than install 12 over the top) and choose the option to completely replace the existing config? If so, that would have deleted all the default toolbars, and you'll be missing things.

The toolbar can only be at the top of the viewer, but the old fixed control bar is still an option you can turn on, and still at the bottom, if you really want to go back to it:

We don't recommend that, as you cannot customize it and it shouldn't take long to get used to the new location. But it's up to you!

Yeah, it seemed like there was some sort of glitch where I think it was the default selection but nothing was showing after I upgraded. I switched to Image(1) and Image(2) and the toolbars displayed, but those don't have all the buttons. I did install 12 over 11 without importing a backup config. Not sure what went wrong, but it all seems to be working now. Thanks for all the help, Leo.

Images is one of the default toolbars but something different. That dates back to Opus 10 or 11, and (by default) turns on in the lister when you switch into Thumbnails mode. The (1) and (2) on the end mean those are backups of your old toolbars which Opus creates during updates when replacing them with newer versions. (If you hadn't customized them, you can delete the backups to tidy things up. But they're there so you don't lose things if you had.)

The toolbar for the viewer should be called Image Viewer.

Make sure the Image Viewer toolbar isn't turn on for listers and that the Images toolbar isn't turned on for the viewer, since they both only work in the places they were designed for.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The default selection was Image Viewer. Not Images (1) or Images (2). I only changed it to those because Image Viewer was not displaying anything despite being selected. When I went back to it, it worked. I don't know what happened here, it seemed to be a glitch.

But like I said, it's working now. I'm no longer attempting to resolve any issue.

1 Like