Inconsistent FSUtil.GetType result depending on path

Hello,

If you try the following test script button:

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" label_pos="right" separate="yes" textcol="none"> <label>Test VBScript Function</label> <icon1>#script</icon1> <function type="script"> <instruction>@language vbscript</instruction> <instruction /> <instruction>Function OnClick(ByRef clickData)</instruction> <instruction> Dim item</instruction> <instruction> For Each item In clickData.func.sourcetab.selected</instruction> <instruction> DOpus.Output(&quot;item: &quot; &amp; item)</instruction> <instruction> DOpus.Output(&quot;item.is_dir: &quot; &amp; item.is_dir)</instruction> <instruction> DOpus.Output(&quot;GetType: &quot; &amp; DOpus.FSUtil.GetType(item))</instruction> <instruction> Next</instruction> <instruction>End Function</instruction> </function> </button>
...and have the same zip file in both a library path and regular physical path, you get a different result (file vs dir) from FSUtil.GetType:

item: lib://My/?2625f55a/Test Comic.zip item.is_dir: False GetType: file item: G:\BOOKS\COMICS\Test Comic.zip item.is_dir: False GetType: dir
FWIW: I'm aware of the "a" flag available for use with the GetType method to force it to report as a file, the point here is that GetType is reporting archives as files even withOUT the "a" flag when the file is in a library path.

As an aside, I started using GetType at Leo's suggestion when I found out that the item.is_dir property threw an error on some objects. Now that it's fixed in v11.17.1 beta - I'll go back to using it, but still figured you'd want to fix this sorta related bug here anyway as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this; it has been fixed for the next update.

Thanks for fixing it :wink: