Installing updates

Hi guys,

I noticed abr's comment here... [url][feature request] ctrl+scroll wheel > change icon size]

[quote]the only situation i´m briefly using IE
is when i close Opus to install a new update.[/quote]

I have never done this, instead I download the latest update and run it from Opus which has always successfully worked for me. Should I be closing Opus before I install the update...? I can't find a FAQ on this... although I'm sure will point one out :slight_smile:

Thanks

Blueroly

Personally, I use Dopus to start the install but then exit before clicking the first "next" on the installer. I only do this because in the past, I sometimes got errors saying it could not overwrite a file. You are not supposed to have to exit Dopus to install it and in fact, the last 2 times I tried without exiting and it worked.

I've been using Opus for a few years now and have never run into a problem. I'll certainly exit Opus in future though. Cheers.

There should be no need to exit it. You'll have to reboot for the updates either way, as the DLLs end up in use by multiple other programs, so it doesn't matter if the EXEs are in-use as well.

I never exit Opus before running the installer myself.