Integrity Check Failure

Since last week, I get an "Integrity Check Failure" message everytime I start Directory Opus.

Downloading & installing again gives no solution. No new software was installed on the system.

Directory Opus version 10.2.0 64bit version
Win7 64-bit

Any idea or suggestion ?

Regards Tim

Please check the digital signatures on the installer EXE and the program EXEs & DLLs something has modified them:

[ul][li]How to check for a corrupted installer or main program[/li][/ul]

No luck, what else can I do ? This is very annoying !

Well you might want to check your system with some good & up to date antivirus utility (not MSE as it easily fails prey to advanced malware). Something on your system must be altering the Opus file(s) if the integrity check keeps failing... And if that is the case you might have a bigger problem to worry about (i.e., your system might be compromised).

You've definitely checked all the EXEs and DLLs, and seen "The digital signature is OK" for each one?

(Note that just seeing something in the Properties dialog's signature list isn't enough; you have to click the Details button to actually test the signature, as shown here.)

Another thing to check is that you are using the right licence/certificate, and not e.g. an old evaluation certificate found from an old email by mistake. You can check that via the Help menu, then Licence Manager. Where it says "Certificate Details" it should say "Type: Normal" rather than "Type: Evaluation" or similar.

If it's neither of those things, do you see this message the moment Opus starts or later on? Do any Opus windows open before you see it?

Hi Leo,

I don't have the tab to check for the digital signature, when asking for the properties. I'm using Win7 64bit.

Directory Opus opens when starting Windows, but gives the message after a few seconds. Certificate is valid and ok.

Any suggestion for the dig. signature check ?

How did you check the signatures before if you don't have the tab for doing so?

Please show a screenshot of the Properties dialog for dopus.exe.

One reason the Digital Signatures tab would be missing is if the signatures are not on the files at all, which would also cause the integrity check error, and indicates something has modified the exe and either corrupted or removed the signature.

I've checked it with the Microsoft Sysinternal tool Sigcheck
(technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97441.aspx)

output is :
Verified: Signed
Signing date: 4:01 19/09/2012
Publisher: GP Software
Description: Directory Opus 10
Product: Directory Opus
Version: 10, 2, 0, 0
File version: 4, 0, 3, 20
Strong Name: Unsigned
Original Name: dopus.exe
Internal Name: dopus
Copyright: Copyright ® 1999-2012 GP Software
Comments: n/a

But in the properties dialog of Windows explorer there is no "digital signature" tab.

Please show a screenshot of the Properties dialog for dopus.exe.

per your request....

Thanks!

So, the file size is correct but there's no digital signature found. That leaves two possibilities that I can think of:

[ol][li]The digital signature has been overwritten with other data.

or

[/li]
[li]The system components for checking digital signatures have been broken.

(At least on the 64-bit side. If it's only broken for 64-bit processes like Opus and Windows Explorer, that may explain why other tools which are probably 32-bit are still able to check the signatures. It's also possible that those tools check them via another method.)[/li][/ol]

Checking #2 is the easiest:

[ul][li]Open Windows Explorer[/li]
[li]Go to C:\Windows\System32[/li]
[li]Find basecsp.dll and see if the Digital Signatures tab appears for it.[/li]
[li]Do the same with bootres.dll[/li][/ul]

(Look for those two files specifically. Most of the other files in System32 are not signed and instead use a different verification mechanism.)

If basecsp.dll and bootres.dll also show no Digital Signatures tab then something is wrong with your Windows install.

:opusicon: The Digital signatures Tab was missing for me too (XP) , the following fix fixed it, and now the dopus integrity check message no longer pops up.

:arrow_right: support.microsoft.com/kb/555989

PS: Ignore the crazy Title "Windows Update Not Working."
The fix basically restores some de-registered dll's and deletes a couple of filecaches that can cause problems when fixing cryptographic services.

Caveat: Not sure if this will work for windows 7!

:thumbsup:

(This is a very old thread - I am still reviving it because I have the same problem and some solutions have been given here)

Note: I'm using 12.31 x86 on Win 11 ARM Parallels on Apple Silicon. This might have to do with the issue.

I have been using DOpus extensively for over a year with no problems.

Today I got "Integrity Check Failure" from Dopus and that I should re-install the program. Which I did NOT do because out of experience I know that sometimes such things happen once for some reason, and then never again for years with no issues whatsoever.... even though it seems unlikely that this is not serious. Just my experience.

So, I checked ALL (!!) the files mentioned for their certificates, including all plugins and viewers, and sha1 and sha256 each. Certificates were all fine.

I also did intese testing of Dopus, and I did run into issues where DOpus would freeze or show things like unhandled exception when I "tortured" it by searching for thousands of jpgs or pngs, then going to thumbnail mode, and then scrolling extremely fast. But this only happened when massive amounts of picture had to processed to thumbnails. Other than that DOpus seems stable so far.

I only wanted to report this. Perhaps it has to do with Parallels file system / file handling?