InterFacing with AutoIt3 via @Script

What scripting languages does OPUS support via the @script interface?
Leo said: Anything with an ActiveScripting interface

How would I interface with Autoit?

I'VE TRIED :

@script AutoItX3.Control
ToolTip "This is a tooltip", 0, 0

This Did Not Work

HELP!

At the moment @script only works with Rename. You can't use it on its own.

You have to either use this technique or put the script in a file and call that from Opus as if it was an external program.

Is AutoIT a language or does it expose some scriptable objects (like AutoItX3.Control) to other languages like VBScript? What you've written looks like VBScript and if so then you're doing it wrong. Have a look at one of my example VBScript Rename functions to see how they create and use the Shell and Filesystem objects.

It is a language and it exposes functionality via com and dll interfaces. (ActiveScripting).

I've actually pasted an Adobe InDesign vbscript in a button via @script vbscript and it works perfect (I'm aware that this is unsupported). I'm just checking other languages that I can use that have different functionality.

AutoIt has a LOT of very cool GUI features that could extend Opus greatly if If they could communicate via a plugin (which I asked about before).

If Powershell could be integrated like the batch file integration in functions that would be cool.

From looking via Google, AutoIT is not a language. It exposes some scriptable COM objects that you can use from ActiveScripting languages such as VBScript.

You'd do something like this, I expect:

[code]@script vbscript
Option Explicit

Dim oAutoIt
Set oAutoIt = CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

oAutoIt.ToolTip "This is a tooltip", 0, 0[/code]

Thanks Leo, I'm just seeking extensibility. Your method does work.

AutoIt is a scripting language though it has the AU3 extension and I've written small programs with it (it also has a compiler).