IOS Video Thumbnails

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Is there a way of enabling MP4 video thumbnails? This is not an Opus specific issue. Explorer also shows the same generic video icon. The screen grab shows a video and a frame extracted from the video.

Hi Aussieboykie,

I've been using Icaros for years without any problems.

I installed Icaros and configured it to recognise common filetypes, which includes mp4, but neither Opus nor Explorer show thumbnails for videos ex iPhone. Thumbnailing and Properties options are activated and dynamic cache is enabled. I also tried rebooting. Constructive suggestions welcome.

Mods, this has strayed Off Topic. Feel free to move.

After further testing and research this appears to be an issue with OneDrive. If I copy the file to a normal folder its thumbnail shows correctly.

Edit: Switching off Files On Demand in OneDrive solves the problem but the corollary is that everything stored on OneDrive in the cloud is also stored locally.

Thumbnails for files which are not stored locally have to be generated by the cloud servers (unless the file is pulled down locally just to generate the thumbnail).

So it sounds like OneDrive's servers has an issue with some MP4 files. Maybe Apple are doing something gratuitously non-standard with their MP4 files now? It would be like them.