Is DOpus.Minidumps the only possible location?

Hi there,

a user in the german forum has a problem with DO crashing, but he says he is not able to find %temp%/do.minidumps on his computer.
We told them to go here and proceed as described: Crash dumps for bug reports

He says he can only find *.dmp files in this location: /Name/AppData/Local/CrashDumps/..
Is it likely or even possible that this location contains DO crashdumps? Is there something setting somewhere to enable the minidumps?

Thanks! o)

Files under AppData\Local\CrashDumps look like they start with the exe name. If there's one with dopus.exe at the start then it might be relevant but otherwise probably not.

From what's in mine, it's all things related to or launched via Steam in that folder here.

Some crashes won't produce a dump, unfortunately.

I believe the OP's issue came from his sys. Independent from crash I would recommend a fresh install - the actual sys can't be stable anymore (he's using Tuneup, upgraded from 7 to 8 to 10... that will never ever work without issues)!

More info from the german forum thread:
He found a windows WER crash report : https://www.haage-partner.de/forum/download/file.php?id=2153
He disabled all context menu handlers (even those from Microsoft) with ShellExView (*.xlsx file): https://www.haage-partner.de/forum/download/file.php?id=2152.
When he disables the Windows context menu in preferences the crash doesn't happen although all non-Windows entries are enabled in ShellExView.
Unfortunately he doesn't speak english to report his issue here. Any instructions what he can do to track the issue down?

If disabling the context menu handlers fixes the crash, the debugging steps here are probably the best thing to try, but will also probably need translating for him to understand them.

Alternatively, disable everything via ShellExView (and enable them in Opus), then start re-enabling things in ShellExView until the problem starts, which should indicate which one was causing the problem.

@leo
Ok, we'll see what the filename will be. To help us understand, the files within appdata\local\crashdumps are of the same kind as in DO.Minidumps? Do you know what determines where they end up and in case they are different, what kind of dump goes where? Thanks! o)

@sasa
Hard to say what's going on and why. A fresh install is the last route I'd take if it's only the windows context menu not working in DO. Depending on how much time you like to invest, there might be possibilities to even find the faulty/mismatching *.dll or whatever it is.

@kundal
Using the g-translator and some imagination, the debugging thread Leo linked to seems to be readable in german o)
translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url

Probably the same types of files, although I can't say for sure. Other programs can save crash information in any format or location that they want really. I'd expect them to be using the normal Windows dump/minidump formats, but they might not be. They probably don't have any relationship to Opus, unless something strange is happening.

Thank you! I was referring to DO dumps only.
So if there is some kind of *.dmp containing "dopus" in the filename within appdata.., would it be the same type of file to be found in DO.Minidumps?
Would it contain the same information or is it some kind of windows feature to put dumps from various applications there? If the latter is true, then these probably do not contain the same data as the dump files you(?) create intentionally below DO.Minidumps, hu? Still confused. o)

If there is a opus.dmp file then we can probably use it. Definitely worth zipping & sending to us to check at least.

The mystery is that he disabled everything in ShellExView (see the Excel file in my link above) and the crash still appeared but hiding the windows context menu via preferences prevents the crash. Can debugview provide anything useful in this case?
I asked him if the crash also appears with explorer and if there are unusual things in the sendto menu with no answer at the moment.

Can you ask for a screenshot of the crash dialog?

There's not much to see in the crash dialog it seems?
haage-partner.de/forum/viewt ... =30#p23632