Is it possible to show total folder size in status bar?

Hi, in DO 10, is it possible to see the total size of a folder in the status bar without slecting the its files?

For example, in other file manager which I won't tell the name this is how the status bar looks:

Without selecting any files you can see the folder size is 61.27 MB

Is possible to do de the same in DO 10? :thumbsup:

Yes, via Preferences / Display / Status Bar.

Lots of samples here: Status Bar Codes.

Thanks leo :smiley: , however that tweaks change all the status bar. I only want to add total folder size and leave the rest like DO 10 default. Do you know what code do I need to put?

All the codes are in the drop-down "Codes" menu in the Preferences page I mentioned; add whichever one(s) you want.

@platanos
you can find the code for total folder size in the drop down menu. just add it to the exisiting code! :slight_smile:

This is what I have:

{sd}/{td} folders, {sf}/{tf} files, {sba} selected{h!} ({hi} hidden items){h!}{rpad} {pu}% full, {df} free {fl} {ls}

What code do I need to choose and where?

I don't see "total folder size" :blush:

Total bytes.

Thank you leo. I've selected it and I have it like this:

{sd}/{td} folders, {sf}/{tf} files, {sba} selected{h!} {tb} ({hi} hidden items){h!}{rpad} {pu}% full, {df} free {fl} {ls}

I think the key is "{tb}" but the status bar doesn't display it (in the option window it does).

You've put it in a section that's only displayed if the hidden-items count is non-zero.

Try this, moving it left slightly:

{sd}/{td} folders, {sf}/{tf} files, {sba} selected {tb}{h!} ({hi} hidden items){h!}{rpad} {pu}% full, {df} free {fl} {ls}

After seeing the message here, I used {tba}. That way the numbers are in a more manageable format.

Now works, but the size is displayed in bytes, which is annoying. If I have a file in a folder of 2 GB, is it possible to make it to display "2 GB" instead of "2000000000" ? I mean, the size should fit to KB, MB, GB, TB...

That is exactly why I used {tba}.

Did you try it?

[quote="michaelkenward"]That is exactly why I used {tba}.

Did you try it?[/quote]
Oh, thanks, now works like I want. Thank you very much Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to bother you again, I see there is an option to see the duration of a mp3 song. Is it possible to do the same with video files (avi, mpg) like in windows default explorer? That is the only feature I miss from Microsoft's explorer. I know if I hover the mouse over a video file I can see it, but I'd like to see it in the status bar too.

The mp3 duration code also shows avi durations. Not sure if it works with mpg though.

Hi, I've enabled that option but all the avis say duration is 00:00

If I want to see the duration in the status bar, first I have to hover the mouse in the avi an see the duration and the other info. Then when I choose it the duration is displayed in status bar:

Please show:

1. Your full status bar configuration (codes).

2. A full screenshot of the whole Opus window.

3. The Opus version number (found via Help -> About).

:thumbsup:

Thanks!

I think what you're seeing is just the result of the times taking a while to calculate. If you select a file and wait a few seconds, the duration of it should appear in the status bar.

Causing the file's tooltip to appear will move it to the top of the queue and force its duration to be calculated ASAP, which is probably why that causes the duration to appear in the status bar.

Try adding {tmp3} (total duration) to the status bar as well; you should see that counting up as Opus processes each file. Once it finishes counting up, everything should work as you expect.

If I select a file and wait a few seconds (even minutes), the duration of it should doesn't appear in the status bar :frowning:

I've tried adding what you said:

But still no luck, I get instantly the duration of all of the avis processed (only the ones of the tooltips, it doesn't calculate the avis with 00:00) but not of each single one: