Issue with width of three-button

I don't know if it's normal but when I create a three button with label on, the width of the button is inherited by the button with the longest label text. When I convert the button to a menu button then it adapts the correct width. This is not desired and was not present in previous version of opus.

However if I keep the label empty and put the text in the tip then the three button gets the correct width.

Three buttons show their sub buttons when you click them, so they have to be as large as the largest sub-button.

To make them smaller, make the sub-buttons smaller.

This is not new in Opus 11. Three-buttons have behaved like this since time began.

Yeah, not new at all. I guess if you want to be able to see some text on the button when you press it, there no real better way to do it... you wouldn't want your entire remaining toolbar buttons to shift to the right to make space for the child buttons label to show right? And showing it ~below the button like a menu expansion popup would probably just look weird as well.

It's still something that catches me up every so often, but for my money - I'd much rather see GPSoft work on making buttons inherit their label settings from their parent toolbar (or parent button in three-buttons or menu button scenario)...

Haha steje. Seizing every chance to mention what you would rather have GPsoft work on :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm... well, only because it is directly related to the same sort of thing you're talking about here - only it impacts the vertical height of the entire toolbar where three-buttons are concerned.

Not trying to hijack your thread - but I can't think of any better way of handling the button width issue you're asking about. Other than simply NOT showing any of the child button info at all when you press a three-button, what would you suggest they do to change the current behavior?